|Vykron and his 3 "battlesuits"|
Indeed, it is essentially too late to remedy the efforts that have been executed to celebrate MOTU, but there is still time to campaign and petition for an awesome Princess of Power 30th Anniversary. There seems to be little expectation for any recognition of POP's 30th in 2015 - since POP has now been effectively absorbed into MOTU. But there has been very little done to recognize and celebrate POP in the MOTU anniversary efforts. And so we as fans should push Mattel to celebrate Princess of Power in 2015 - show Mattel that there is interest. Following is a list of potential efforts that could celebrate POP in 2015:
- 2015 should have strong POP representation in the MOTUC line in all available slots - monthly, variant, beast/oversized, etc.
- SDCC and other Convention exclusives should be POP-centric in 2015.
- A comic book series featuring the MOTUC/200x version of the Secret of the Sword (She-Ra's origin story). This story has yet to be told.
- A DTV (Direct to Video) cartoon movie that features the POP cast, or an animated MOTUC/200x Secret of the Sword movie.
- POP merchandise
- A commemorative series based on the vintage action figures - packaged like the vintage line with rooted hair and soft good clothes.
- A "Then-And-Now" 2 Pack featuring a commemorative vintage figure packaged with it's MOTUC counter part.
- A commemorative series based on the vintage figures, but with sculpted hair and clothing - packaged like vintage MOTU and accompanied by Horde figures to commemorate the original cartoon series.
Spread the word! Let Mattel know that Princess of Power deserves celebration and recognition in 2015!